Thursday, September 30, 2010

Prasie the Lord, O My Soul!

You've heard the saying, "What a difference a day makes?" Well, what a difference a morning quiet time makes. It is hard to believe that last week found me moping around not able to get anything done. So tired I struggled to get up in the morning, not caring a hoot about how I looked, how the house looked. The end of the day would come and I had not really gotten anything done and now sleep would allude me too.

This week, I am up just before the sun, with a smile on my face. I just finished up the Psalms in my quiet time. This God who will not let me go is simply amazing. Many little tidbits about Him today in my reading of Psalms 145-150. He is the one who made heaven and earth, who keeps the truth forever,who executes justice for the oppressed, gives food to the hungry, gives freedom to prisoners, opens the eyes of the blind, raises those who are bowed down, loves the righteous, watches over the strangers, relieves the fatherless and the widow, and shall reign forever.
He is gracious and full of compassion, slow to anger and great in mercy. He is good to all and His tender mercies are over all His works. The LORD is righteous in all His ways, near to those who call upon Him and preserves ALL who love Him for the LORD takes pleasure in His people.
He takes pleasure in us beloved. What more is there to say than, Praise the LORD, O my soul who rescued me from the dark place I was in.

No comments: