Friday, March 23, 2012

Honest Reflection

It has been awhile since I have reported about how I am doing with my goals.  It is a mixed report heading in the end of three months.

Progress has been slower than I would like on my quilt projects, but I have made some progress I can share with you as I scatter photos throughout the blog today.


Baby quilt I have been designing

The slow part of this quilt has been doing the drawings for each block
It has been fun to call on some not often used talent

These last two blocks are ready for the embroidery work now


I am right on track for reading through the Bible this year.  It continues to amaze me that no matter how many times I read it there is always something new for me to see.

Blocks from the redwork quilt

I am thoroughly enjoying the Bible study I am leading.  It has been a good challenge for me to study, write, and prepare lessons each week.  I have even come to the point where I am not a bit nervous leading the group discussions, which have been such a blessing to me each week.  I just love hanging out with these wonderful women every Wednesday night.  The only problem: an hour is just not long enough.  They do keep me on my toes!

I have kept up pretty well with my prayer journal-though it was completely ignored over spring break last week.  That was okay with me, I don't want to get hung up about it when my family is around.  I could have gotten myself up earlier and taken care of it, but you know how that goes.  Even I need a week of rest from my labors now and then.  What's not okay is that I have been very lax about writing in it this week.  Pure laziness on my part.

A sweet friend handed me a new book to read yesterday- I did finish Blogger Beware last month so I think this will be my next read.  Blogger Beware was a really helpful read if you are a blog writer- check out my page on Books I am Reading if you want to learn more about it.

I had put a stop to my running awhile back as I was having some foot issues.  That has all cleared up, but I have yet to put my running shoes on again.  Time to get this body moving again.  O, motivation, where art thou?!

Nearly done- two blocks left the I can start
putting it all together with the fabric I have picked out

Grace, Peace, and Mercy,
Deb

No comments: