Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Lot's of Work to Do

If we say we trust God but are not willing to wait--if we say we trust God and then come up with plans to "help Him along"--if we say we trust God and are still stressed by situations or relationships--then we really need to ask ourselves if what we say is true.  Do we really trust God?  Those are the thoughts I pulled out of my reading time this morning.  So very convicting.  I cannot go back and change my past but I can change how I proceed in the future.  He has a lot of work left to do in me.


I wish I could see the progress He is making as clearly as I see the progress in my quilts.  I completed two more blocks in the Petals of my Heart quilt.  There are a lot of details in some of these blocks.  I love how I look at the fabric and try to decide the best place to cut out the shapes, and then to see how they all fit together to create a picture.  It is kind of like how I see God working on me.  It involves a lot of patience and careful attention to detail.  Taking a little bit of this and that and putting it together in the form of me.

California Poppies
Spiderwort
even a little chipmunk


I hope that I will more and more resemble Christ so that when people look at me they think of Him just as when I look at these quilt blocks I think about the real flowers (and critters) they represent.  We both have a lot of work left to do.

No comments: