Monday, November 1, 2010

This and That

Yesterday I had a wonderful time with our Sunday School class.  We do a breakfast potluck once a year.  Good friends, good food, good fellowship-what more could you ask for.
I had the opportunity to visit with nearly everybody as I had a lot of photos to take to update our class directory.    Miss Shy One got to be the social butterfly, and had a wonderful time doing it too.

some tracing and cutting to do
This morning it is back to work on some UFO's.  Netflix is keeping me company as I trace some applique pieces for the McKenna Ryan BOM I am working on.  When I need a break I am moving to my machine to do a little applique work on a baby quilt I have going.  On Friday I was able to complete the top for the Harvest Time quilt.
Completed Harvest Time top
Applique blocks for baby quilt
Today is the first day of Leslie Sansone's 21 day walking challenge which I am taking part in.  I am having to split up my three miles into two segments during the day- but am enjoying the way she has us move our bodies.  Hoping that having some others as accountability partners will encourage me to stick with it this month.

Break time is over and it is time to get back to work.  Tomorrow I hope to share some lessons I learned last week about seeking first the Kingdom.

3 comments:

Ame said...

Your quilts are so beautiful, Deb.

Anita DeJong said...

Your quilts are beautiful!!!! Would you sell a good friend a quilt? I love Leslie Sansone, I have several of her DVD's.

Debra Davis said...

Thanks, Amy. I have a lot of fun and it is great to see work on something more permanent than laundry or dinner or...
and Yes indeed, Anita I would.