Thursday, December 8, 2011

God Will Make A Way



 I enjoyed the final morning of my winter wonderland yesterday.  When I got back from my afternoon commitments the snow was gone except for the north side of the house.
The view from my front porch

Yesterday my study of the book of Numbers took me to verses 9-11a of chapter 9.  Looking over my notebook this morning I want to share that these verses spoke to me about the character of God.  He is the God who hears us.  When we come to Him with our questions He has the answers we need.  I have been guilty of sometimes seeing God as unmovable, legalistic in nature.  But here were men who honestly wanted to obey and worship but they could not with the current prescribed code.  God heard the pleas of their hearts through Moses and He answered and made a way for them to worship that did not lessen what He required of them, but gave them the opportunity they needed to follow in obedience.  It made me think of that verse in 2 Peter 3:9, which basically says the Lord does not desire that any should perish but all come to repentance.  God will make a way where there seems to be no way.  He did it then and He continues to do it today.

The Light of the World came to pour out His Blood, giving us new life, and making us whiter than snow.   I am reminded of each as I look at the photo I took this week after decorating our fence- the lights (the Light), the red ribbons (His blood), the greenery  (new life), the snow...


God made a way the night of Jesus birth!




Grace and Peace,
Deb



 I would love to hear about your own journeys. Feel free to share what God is teaching you, as well as your thoughts on my musings. May we grow in wisdom and understanding together.

No comments: