Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Confession


My quiet times have felt rather dry the last few days.  I didn't really expect anything different this morning, in fact I put it off for quite a while.  I've been going through the motions, but I think I have not been listening very well.  Could it be that I am in Exodus to start with, the part that deals with instruction about how to build the tabernacle?  It has felt kind of dry.  Have you ever thought about how much detail is given.  Every bit of its construction was important to God.  Do you believe that He is just as much concerned about every little detail in your life?  "Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own?" -1 Corinthians 6:19, NASB.

This morning He is telling me that I need to pay attention to some of the details I have been neglecting.  It does matter how late I stay up, how early I rise.  It does matter what I choose to clothe my body with, what I choose to clothe my spirit with.  It matters what I put into both my body and soul- what am I feeding on?  This God, who has lavished His love upon us, is concerned about every detail of our lives and He has given us instructions for our own temples that are just as detailed as those He gave to Moses for the tabernacle.  If I am going to be serious about becoming the woman God wants me to be this year, than I better get serious about some of the details.  Shortcuts and laziness just won't cut it and are not what He deserves from me.

Grace, Peace, and Mercy,
Deb

2 comments:

GrammaGrits said...

Have missed you . . . good to see you back and enjoyed what you shared. Blessings.

Debra Davis said...

Thanks dear friend. Part of my problem has been that I decided to write a second blog, this one for my Bible study-and it has taken me awhile to get it all organized as I would like, and part of my problem has been just having a dry spell in my daily reading. I've had my quiet time, but find myself very distracted which does not make for good writing.