Monday, February 27, 2012

The Source of All My Joy

"Send out Your light and Your truth; let them guide me.  Let them lead me to Your holy mountain, to the place where You live.  There I will go to the altar of God, to God--the source of all my joy."  Psalm 43:3-4, NLT1  The NASB reads "to God my exceeding joy."

I've been facing some interesting decisions the last few weeks and seeking God's guidance.  These verses really spoke to my heart.  I am sensing that God is leading me to make some changes.  The process He is guiding me through is causing me to take a good look at how I spend my time; look at what things have become priorities in my life.  I am pleased with some; while others it is time to bid farewell to.  You see the Lord has been doing a bit of illuminating and while I like much of what I see, some things have become a part of my life that are not helping me to become the woman God intends me to be.  

In the time that I have left on this earth I want to be led by Him.  I want a life that is consistent with someone who goes by His name.  As I allow more and more of my life to be conformed to the image of Christ my joy increases.  I love where He is leading and I am having a wonderful time walking in the paths that He has laid out for me.  Still, I can get side-tracked and wander on paths that were never meant for me.   Much left to contemplate in my quiet moments with the King.


Grace, Peace, and Mercy,
Deb

No comments: