Thursday, January 19, 2012

Eyes to See and Ears to Hear


What a wonderful evening I had last night.  I don't know about anyone else but I left feeling very encouraged.  I loved sitting down with 15 other women--some whom I know well, others who are just acquaintances, and still others that I met for the very first time--then leaving feeling like I had spent some quality time among sisters.  We shared the Word, a good deal of laughter, and even some concerns.  We asked questions and considered how truly blessed we are to be daughters of the King.
It was all very challenging for me.  You may recall the fear I shared about leading a Bible study- how "out of my comfort zone" this was going to be.  Today I am feeling blessed for having been faithful to that which God has given me to do.  There is a lot I can learn from these sweet ladies about how to apply the verses we are studying in Ephesians.
We started out by going around the room and stating whether we were a Mary or a Martha.   I was not too surprised to learn that I was a Mary almost completely surrounded by Marthas.  There are a number of books out there directed at helping the Marthas of the world develop some Mary attributes, but not much for we Marys who could benefit from a little more Martha.  I have a strong feeling that the Lord brought each of these ladies together with me as part of His plan to make me into the woman He wants me to be.

I  read Matthew12:46-13:23 today as part of my devotional time in the Word.  This particular verse stood out to me: "But blessed are your eyes, because they see; and your ears, because they hear."-Matt. 13:16NASB   We talked a lot about the blessings we have in Christ last night as we looked at those first few verses of Ephesians. It struck me that even our ability to see and hear is a blessing God has given to us.  How grateful I am this morning that He has blessed us with everything we need to be the women He wants us to be, including sweet sisters to study with.


Grace, Peace, and Mercy,
Deb

2 comments:

GrammaGrits said...

Good words - isn't Ephesians wonderful? Glad to hear your study went well. Isn't it interesting that you're among so many Marthas? God's plans are interesting, to say the least! Blessings.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Deb. For heeding God's leading. For having such a sweet spirit that He has given you. For creating a safe and inspiring place to meet and share with other women. I look forward to more studies together.
Charlsa