Monday, January 30, 2012

Lazybones


I was finding it difficult to get up this morning.  I just kept rolling over and enjoying a few more minutes of sleep.    I don't have anything particularly pressing I have to do today.  Sometimes it is hard for me to think of what I do as "work."  I write and I quilt- two things I love to do.  I try to do both "as unto the Lord."  I've even set office hours for each in order to keep from getting distracted by other things.  But it is very easy not to stick to them when you are working from home.  Neither is a paying job, but rather my choice to use the talents God has given me for the benefit of others.  And I am trying to be very intentional about using them that way.

I just had to laugh when I read the passage from Proverbs for today.  "Take a lesson from the ants, you lazybones.  Learn from their ways and be wise!  Even though they have no prince, governor, or ruler to make them work, they labor hard all summer, gathering food for the winter.  But you, lazybones, how long will you sleep?  When will you wake up? -Proverbs 6:6-9, NLT1


Grace, Peace, and Mercy,
Deb

No comments: